Saturday, October 30, 2010

Beef Don


Beside eating, I love to cook. In fact, I've been cooking longer than I've been snapping pictures. For me, cooking has always been this gateway from all the havoc things that are happening on the daily basis. I love to cook Japanese and French cuisines. Marriage that most people would think, that would end up to be a disaster, but when its done right, the taste would blend in perfectly. The intense attention towards perfection in creating a single dish has been mastered by both countries.

Here's my first recipe entry. Its sort of like, comfort food for me. Having an Asian background, beef teriyaki has always been one of those things, that my mum makes. Its cheap, its healthy and most importantly, its super tasty.

Here's my Recipe for my perfect Beef Don.

Ingredients
150gr of Sliced beef
100ml Shoda Shoyu / Soy Sauce (Less Salt)
2tbsp Mirin
2tbsp Dashi (Bonito stock) *Powder or Liquid form
1tbsp Sake
5tbsp Sugar
2 Cloves of Garlic, Sliced.
A knob of butter.


Directions
Melt butter in a pan, put the sliced garlic and cook it under low temperature until golden brown.
Shoda Shoyu, Mirin, Dashi, Sake goes into the garlic infused butter and stir.
Sugar goes in into the pan. If the flavors are too strong, then you might want to add a dash of water.
Reduce this until it thickens. 50% reduction under medium heat.


Pan fry your beef with a very hot pan. Salt and Pepper to taste.


Plating up
Fluffy Rice on the bottom, beef on top of the rice and the garlic and soy glaze on top of the beef.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the blogging world. This looks delicious and looking forward to more great posts.

foodyphile said...

Thanks! Love your blog! Amazing photos and most importantly, amazing looking food! I am salivating already... :D

Post a Comment